Iâ€™d like to make a jigsaw puzzle with 40,000 pieces.
When finished, it says â€˜Go Outside!â€™ ~Demetri Martin (1973 – )
It’s important to keep up with food issues, and not just because it’s today’s hot topic, but the one that affects every one who eats.Â Here are some recent articles and videos about food & eating that you might find interesting and/or useful:
- High-fructose corn syrup is shown to be the worst choice for food sweetener despite claims to the contrary by the sugar industry.
- Sodas and sugar-filled drinks have been significantly reduced in public schools nationwide.
- TED speech by Mark Bittman about the food we eat.
- Michael Pollan on the Daily Show on his new book Food Rules.
- The White House outreach on teaching kids how to make their way through the world with whole food, less sugar.
- ANCIENT ESOTERIC:Â If youâ€™re a lover of art and minutae, check out this article analyzing portion size going back to the year 100.
- MODERN ESOTERIC: Â After conducting tests, the military has decided to use the thumb-sized bhut jolokia or ghost chili to make tear gas-like hand grenades to immobilize suspects. The antidote is yogurt and mint leaves (thanks to Craig Ferguson for this hint.)
- JAMIE OLIVER:Â Forgive the repeat, but I’m a fan of the idea that everyone should cook to feed themselves.Â Watch these with your kids.
GET A JUMP ON SPRING
Today’s preparation is a dip made from spinach, for dipping your favorite corn chip, hot or cold.Â Spinach? you ask.Â Yes; it’s quick and easy and so good you could eat it as a vegetable for dinner, even take it to work for lunch.