DAILY POST AUGUST 24th:Â DEEP CLEANSING IS FOR THE KITCHEN
Using filtered water, heat some in the microwave or on the stove.Â Combine, by the cup, both hot and room temperature water so it is drinking temperature.Â Make it hotter or more tepid according your preference.Â AddÂ 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice for the first few days only.Â The lemon juice will yield more comprehensive results more quickly, but lemon juice every day is too harsh for the digestive system.
Repeat drinking warm water – up to eight cups – until you’ve had enough.Â Within a week, your digestive tract will be cleared.Â Continue drinking warm water every morning, as much as works for you, to keep things lubricated and moving on a regular basis.
Add any of the following to other foods to keep your digestive tract lubricated and elimination regular:
- BRAN Rich in fiber, add bran to cereals, grains or yogurt, or foods to be cooked (granola, rice, potatoes).Â Use oat bran if you are wheat- or gluten-intolerant.
- FLAX SEED Rich in omega 3 fatty acids as well as fiber, add flax seed only after cooking as heat will destroy the nutrients.Â Flax seed can be used ground or in whole form, depending upon how much of a crunch you want.Â Sprinkle on sliced banana or granola for breakfast, or add into other dishes.Â Don’t go overboard; a little flax goes a long way.
- FRESH FRUIT Alone or eaten with plain yogurt, fresh fruit is a refreshing way to begin and/or end the day.
- FRESH VEGETABLES Cooked or raw, fresh vegetables are essential for a healthy, balanced diet.Â Make a meal of fresh vegetables as a break from heavier meals that include meat.Â Have some raw vegetables dipped in salsa or hummus while preparing meals.
- PLAIN YOGURT Rich in live cultures (check the label), yogurt is good for the entire GI tract, and provides protein and other nutrients.
- DRIED FRUITS A natural laxative, dried fruits can be eaten as a healthy snack.
- GRANOLA or MUESILI Made with whole grains and nuts, and served over yogurt or fresh fruit, granola and muesili are good ways to begin each day.Â Easy to take to work or school, it can be tailored to your taste.