DAILY POST APRIL 29th:Â LABELS 201
Take one type of product that you buy, and examine alternate brands.Â Pick something that has several brands, like tuna fish, pasta sauce or chicken noodle soup.Â Compare the amount of salt, sugar, fat and artificial/chemical ingredients.
- Note the unit price differences.
- Compare serving sizes relative to container size and your family’s portion size.
- How many types of sugar are listed?
- How does the quantity of sodium and sugar vary for each brand?
- How many types of fats are listed (trans fats, saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats)?
- Is there any indication of genetic modified organisms (GMOs)?
- Do they contain anything that you wouldn’t put in it if you made it at home?
- Are there any health claims on the packaging?
Find the toll-free phone number and call the manufacturer and ask any questions you have about this product.