GLUTEN-FREE & VEGETARIAN, VEGAN OPTION
S H O P
HoneyÂ VEGAN OPTION:Â Sucanat
EggÂ VEGAN OPTION:Â Omit egg
T I M I N G
MAKES 7 – 12 muffins, depending upon size of muffin tin (more if mini-muffins)
TOTAL PREP TIME:Â 35 – 40 min
- Preheat oven to 400Âº F, 375Âº F if using oven glassware.
Oil muffin tin or baking cups with corn oil or butter, or use paper baking cups.
- Mix batter & pour into muffin tin.
- Bake, cool 10 min, remove.
C O O KÂ /Â P R E P A R E
1 1/2 c cornmeal
1 c almond flour
1/2 c bran
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 c filtered water
1/3 c honey
- Sift together all dry ingredients & make a well in the middle
- Add 1/2 of the water, egg & honey.Â Blend with a wire whisk, starting in center & blending wet ingredients, then widening the circle of strokes, incorporating the dry ingredients.Â If batter is too stiff, add 1/2 of remaining water; add more if needed so that batter is thick but pourable, the consistency of wet sand.Â The humidity in the air is what determines how much water to add; the dryer the weather the more water youâ€™ll add.
- Bake in bottom third of oven, 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire cooling rack.Â When just warm to the touch, remove muffins.Â If they stick a little, run a knife around the inside edge to loosen the muffins.
S E R V E / S T O R E
Cut in half while still warm, serve with butter. Store in grip-lock storage bags in refrigerator.
W O R K P L A C EÂ Â B R E A K F A S T
Cut in half, wrap loosely in paper towel, & heat in microwave for 40 seconds.