DAILY POST FEB 22nd: OUCH! IT HAPPENS
S H O P
Chicken leg & thigh
No- or low-sodium soy sauce
Fresh ginger root
T I M I N G
SERVES 1, or marinade for 1 lb chicken wings, tips removed.
MARINADE TIME:Â 2-3 days; 24 hours, minimum
Quarters:Â 35-45 minutes, depending upon size
Wings:Â 20 minutes
PREHEAT OVEN 350ÂºF.
- Combine marinade; add chicken.
C O O KÂ /Â P R E P A R E
Chicken leg & thigh (or wings)
2 TBSP honey
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP olive oil
1Â TBSP soy sauce
1 clove garlic, sliced
Few slices of fresh ginger root, minced
Few sprigs parsley
- Combine marinade ingredients in covered dish.Â Cut chicken leg from thigh & coat with marinade.
- Cover and marinade for at least a day.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (if leg & thigh are cut apart), depending upon size.Â Baste after 30 minutes with leftover marinade.
- Add 1 TBSP filtered water & swirl pan juices together.Â If you want more juice, add 1 TBSP marinade to pan & heat.
VARIATION:Â Great for wings.Â Just before cooking, add a dash of salt to marinade, which is enough for 1 lb.Â Bake wings for 2o min total.Â After 10 min, using a pastry brush, baste with marinade.Â Pour cooking juices over wings.
S E R V E
Serve, spooning cooking juices over chicken & potato or rice.
W O R K P L A C EÂ Â L U N C H
Wonderful either cold or reheated, or pulled off the bone & made into a sandwich.