DAILY POST MAY 26th:Â NO MEAT TODAY EITHER
GLUTEN-FREE & VEGETARIAN
S H O P
EXPANDED DIRECTIONS FOR OTHER PREPARATIONS USED
White Cream Sauce – use half of this recipe (1/2 c) for 2 servings
Marinara Sauce – omitting the sausage and Reggiano, make full recipe
Spinach I include cooking the spinach on this page, because it has just one ingredient & goes fast.
Unsalted butter (If using salted butter for this preparation, eliminate all other salt.
Kosher or sea salt
T I M I N G
SERVES 2, because it’s a bit of a production to make Omelet Anthony for just one. While you’re at it . . .
PREPARATION TIME: 1 hr
PREHEAT OVEN:Â 250ÂºF (for potatoes)
- MAKE AHEAD:Â Marinara sauce, or use jarred sauce.
- Begin making Pan-Fried Potatoes.Â Move batches to warm oven as they are done.
- While potatoes are cooking, make White Cream Sauce.
- Make omelets, 1 at a time.
- While making the last 2 omelets, cook the spinach & drain.
P R E P A R E
1 lb spinach
- Put spinach in pot w/just the water that clings to the leaves after washing.Â Over medium heat, cover & steam.
- Stir spinach, cook for 1 min or less, until spinach is hot, just kissed by the heat.Â Most water will evaporate.Â If needed, drain in colander.
1/2 TBSP butter, each omelet
8 eggs, using 2 eggs for each omelet & 2 omelets for each serving
1/2 c white cream sauce
1 cup marinara sauce
- Melt 1/2 TBSP butter in a medium-size skillet, running itÂ up the sides a little.
- Make each omelet separately.Â Beat 2 eggs lightly in a bowl; add pepper.
- When the butter begins to bubble, pour egg mixture in skillet, tilting it so the bottom is fully covered. As egg begins to set, lift it up a little to let the uncooked egg flow to the hot part of the skillet.Â Shake the pan back & forth to try and dislodge the bottom of the omelet from the skillet.Â This is the part that takes some practice.Â Cook until egg on top is set.Â Slide onto plate.
- Repeat, making a total of 4.
S E R V E
Place one omelet on the left side of the plate and one on the right, each overlapping by half in the center of the plate.Â Place potatoes on top of the overlapping omelets the length of them, then spinach.Â Spoon white cream sauce on top of spinach.Â Fold over the omelet tops so one covers the other, and top with marinara sauce.Â It should look like a fat, stuffed omelet.Â Garnish with a little spinach.