Daily Post: Jan 10th POACHING IN THE MORNING
VEGETARIAN & WHEAT-FREE
S H O P
Bread or English muffin
WHEAT FREE:¬† Spelt bread
T I M I N G
TOTAL TIME:¬† 5 min
- Saute ham.
- Poach eggs.
- Toast bread or English muffin.
C O O K¬† /¬† P R E P A R E
SERVES 1 or 2
1/2 TBSP butter
2 slices pre-cooked smoked ham
2 slices bread OR 1 English muffin, sliced in half
- Melt butter in small skillet.¬† When butter begins to bubble a little, add ham and saut√© lightly 2 min; turn & saut√© other side 2 min.
- Fill bottom of egg poacher with 1‚ÄĚ of hot tap water.¬† Heat water in egg poacher on high to boiling.
- Coat cups of egg poacher with butter.
- When butter begins to bubble a little, break egg into cups and cover.¬† Eggs are done after 3 min; white should be firm and yolk runny.¬† If you like yolk to be firmer, cook for 1/3 min (20 seconds) more.
S E R V E
- Place ham on top of toast or English muffin.
- Grab handle of egg cup with fork & invert egg onto toast or English muffin.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.