S H O P
Large shrimp, whole uncooked.
T I M I N G
TOTAL TIME: 15 min + cooling time for shrimp
- ADVANCE¬† Cook shrimp, cool, peel & devein.
- ADVANCE¬† Make cocktail sauce, reserving a little lime juice for cut avocado.
- Peel & slice avocado just before serving.
C O O K¬† /¬† P R E P A R E
INGREDIENTS - Shrimp
1 lb uncooked shrimp
- Bring 2 quarts water to a rolling boil; off heat.
- Add whole shrimp.¬† Cover & let steep about 4-5 min until shrimp curls & turns opaque.¬† Smaller shrimp will cook more quickly than larger.
- Drain in colander immediately & refrigerate until cool.¬† Peel & devein, leaving tails attached.¬† Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold.
INGREDIENTS – Cocktail Sauce
1/2 c ketchup
1 TBSP cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
Sprinkling of fresh ground black pepper
Avocado, cut into polar slices
Handful of cilantro leaves
- Combine ketchup, cilantro, horseradish, Worchestershire Sauce & pepper.
- Sprinkle lime juice on avocado slices.
- Squeeze of¬† lime juice into Cocktail Sauce; stir to combine.
S E R V E
Arrange avocado slices on plates in pinwheel shape, radiating out from center of plate.¬† Put cilantro leaves in center.¬† Arrange shrimp on plate between the avocado slices.¬† Pass Cocktail Sauce separately.¬† No reason two intimates can’t share in single dipping bowl.
W O R K P L A C E¬†¬† L U N C H
Is there any food that¬† could elicit more cause for envy among coworkers than to feast on shrimp at lunchtime?¬† Enjoy cold or smother in leftover marinara served over rice for a quick shrimp creole.