DAILY POST JULY 21st:¬† FOOD ABUSE
GLUTEN-FREE & VEGETARIAN
S H O P
Whole grain like rice, quinoa or bulgur
Lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
Kosher or sea salt
Onion – yellow, red
Garlic or garlic scape
T I M I N G
PREPARATION TIME: ¬†10 min + up to 20 min to prepare grain
- Prepare grain, or use leftover.
- Saut√© garlic & onion; add spinach.
- Toss with whole grain, add lemon or vinegar.
C O O K¬† /¬† P R E P A R E
- 1/2 c bulgur soaked in boiling, filtered water for 30 min & drained
- 1/2 c cooked rice, quinoa or bulgur, hot or cooled
1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt, added to whole grain during cooking or soaking
2 TBSP olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 – 2 cloves garlic or 2″ garlic scape, minced
1 lb spinach, cleaned w/stems removed
1 TBSP lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- Prepare grain, or use leftover.¬† Fluff the grains w/a fork.
- In large skillet or pot w/tight-fitting lid, saut√© garlic & onion in olive oil until soft; add spinach, cover & cook for 1 min.
- Off heat; toss w/whole grain, add lemon or vinegar & toss.
S E R V E
Hot or cold, serve alongside a meat entr√©e; or with soup or a sandwich for a light meal.
W O R K P L A C E¬†¬† L U N C H
Make extra to take to work or school for cool, whole grain goodness.