DAILY POST JULY 19th:¬† SERVING UP INDEPENDENCE
S H O P
Kosher or sea salt
T I M I N G
MAKES 25 cocktail-sized (5-inch) crepes, suitable for freezing
COOKING TIME:¬† 30 minutes
- Whisk together & heat skillet.
- Swirl into pan, cook crepes 1 min each side & remove.
C O O K¬† /¬† P R E P A R E
1/8 tsp kosher or sea salt
1/8 c flour
1 TBSP filtered water
Waxed paper, cut into squares
- Mix all ingredients, whisking until well-combined.
- With olive oil in a seasoned cast iron skillet; heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- Pour 1/2 TBSP of mixture into skillet & swirl so it coats bottom evenly.
- Cook 1 min; turn & cook 1 min¬† other side.
- Remove and stack between layers of waxed paper.¬† When cooled, wrap in aluminum foil.¬† Store at room temperature until ready to fill, refrigerate if not using for several hours.
S T O R E
Store in grip-lock bags and freeze for up to two months, maximum.¬† Before use, defrost in refrigerator.
S E R V E
Heat in warm oven before filling.¬† Fill crepes with any meat or vegetable sauteed or sauced fillings, roll up or fold over.¬† Serve with vegetable or salad, or both.