DAILY POST FEB 16th: WOK’S FOR DINNER
GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN
S H O P
LEFTOVER:¬† chicken, or other meat, optional
Sesame oil or peanut oil
GREEN MARKET -¬† select as many or as few as you like, but at least 3 + onion
Onion – required
Zucchini or yellow squash
Sweet red pepper
Cherry or grape tomatoes
T I M I N G
TOTAL TIME:¬† 30 min
- Put on rice.
- Stir-fry onion & successive vegetables.
- Combine all vegetables, cover & cook.
C O O K¬† /¬† P R E P A R E
Handful of chicken or other boneless meat, optional
1 TBSP sesame or peanut oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1¬† onion, thinly sliced laterally
Select as many or as few vegetables as you like:
1 carrot, sliced 1/4″ thick
1 stalk celery, sliced¬† 1/4″ thick
1/2 stalk broccoli, stalk sliced 1/4″ thick, tops cut into florets
handful green beans
1 small zucchini or yellow squash, sliced 1/4″ thick
1/3 sweet red pepper, sliced into strips 1 1/2″ long
1 mushroom, sliced 1/8″ thick
1 large green onion, chopped thickly
small handful red cabbage, shredded
small handful cilantro
small handful bean sprout
small handful spinach
4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Add oil & dried herbs to wok & heat over high heat. When hot, add onion.¬† Stir w/chopsticks, separating rings.¬† Add soy sauce.¬† Cook 5 min, stirring until lightly browned and soft.¬† Add cooked meat, toss & heat 1 min.¬† Remove to bowl.
- If adding uncooked meat, remove onion to bowl, leaving cooking liquid in wok.¬† Add meat & cook quickly until done.¬† Remove to bowl.
- Add firm vegetables, one at a time, & cook until brightly colored and still firm.¬† Remove each to bowl.
- Add softer vegetables, one at a time, & cook until brightly colored and still firm.¬† Remove each to bowl.
- Add vegetables & meat back to wok, add delicate vegetables, cover & steam 1 min.¬† Toss.
S E R V E
Heat bowl with hot water, drain.¬† Serve wok over rice, spoon cooking liquid on top.¬† Spoon rice onto plate or bowl, spoon wok over rice.¬† Serve immediately.
W O R K P L A C E¬†¬† L U N C H
Excellent leftover, even cold, or served hot over leftover rice.