DAILY POST FEB :¬† COOKING FOR BOYFRIEND #1
S H O P
Thick-sliced, rindless bacon
Pasta ‚Äď linguini, fusilli, orecchiette or any whole grain (whole wheat, quinoa or spelt) pasta
T I M I N G
TOTAL COOKING TIME:¬† 30 min
- Boil water for pasta.
- Cook bacon.
- Cook pasta; drain.
- Saut√© onion & garlic.
- Combine pasta & vegetables; add egg mixture.
C O O K¬† / ¬†P R E P A R E
2 strips thick bacon
1/4 lb pasta
1 small onion, coarsely shopped
2 cloves garlic
1 egg beaten
1 TBSP heavy cream
1/8 c Reggiano, finely grated
Freshly ground nutmeg
Few springs of parsley, minced
- Place egg, still in shell, in cup of hot tap water to bring to room temperature.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain.
- Bring a quart of water to a rolling boil; add pasta & stir.¬† Boil pasta until it is al dente.¬† Drain in colander.¬† If pasta is to wait more than 5 min before adding to skillet, stir in 2 tsp bacon drippings to keep pasta from sticking together.
- Drain all but 2 TBSP of bacon drippings from skillet.¬† Add onion to skillet & saut√© in bacon drippings until browned & translucent; add garlic & mushrooms during last 5 min, tossing to get drippings distributed over mushroom surfaces.¬† Saut√© until lightly browned.
- Add hot pasta to skillet & toss.¬† Off heat.
- Beat egg & cream together, add Reggiano & pour over pasta; toss well.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
S E R V E
Garnish with parsley.¬† Goes well with a tossed salad & vegetable such as asparagus or broccoli.