DAILY POST MAY 25th:¬† THE MEATLESSNESS CONTINUES
GLUTEN-FREE & VEGETARIAN
S H O P
Kosher or sea salt
T I M I N G
MAKES 1 cup
PREPARATION TIME: 10 min
- Melt butter, add cornstarch, heat.
- Add milk, heat.
C O O K¬† /¬† P R E P A R E
2 TBSP unsalted butter
1 TBSP cornstarch
1 c milk
Dash kosher or sea salt (omit if using salted butter)
Dash white pepper
- Bring water to boil in the bottom of a double boiler, using a burner wire.¬† If not using a double boiler, you’ll have to stir the sauce continuously until finished.
- Add butter &, when it has just melted, stir in cornstarch & cook until hot.
- Add milk, stirring until heated.
- Add spices.¬† HOLD covered until ready to use, reheat slowly or in double boiler.
S E R V E
Use whenever a cream sauce is called for.¬† Creamed onions or broccoli by adding to whole saut√©ed pearl onions or steamed broccoli; creamed chicken by adding leftover chicken; creamed chipped beef on toast by adding leftover corned beef.
For a richer sauce, add 1/2 TBSP butter to the finished sauce, letting the heat of the sauce melt the butter.