GLUTEN-FREE & VEGETARIAN
S H O P
T I M I N G
PREPARATION TIME: 5 min
COOKING TIME:Â 2 min
C O O KÂ /Â P R E P A R E
1/3 – 1/2 lb asparagus
1 tsp butter
Squirt of lemon juice
- Bring enough water to boil to just cover the bottom ofÂ a stainless steel frying pan with a steaming grate.
- Put stalks in, cover & steam for about 2-3 minutes, depending upon diameter of stalks.Â Remove immediately when done.
- Cooked stalks should be bright green & are better under- than over-cooked.Â If you’re concerned about overcooking, turn off the heat & leave the lid on.Â They will continue to cook slower.Â If you can smell the asparagus, that means it’s overcooked.
- Preheat oven to 400ÂºF.
- Brush cleaned, dry stalks w/olive oil & arrange on broiler pan.
- Roast until tender without turning.Â Remove immediately from pan.
S E R V E
Serve stalks whole with a little butter &/or lemon juice.Â Perfection with any fish, chicken or meat dish, or vegetarian meal.Â Hollandaise sauce is great on asparagus.
W O R K P L A C EÂ Â L U N C H
Asparagus is so good, I’d be surprised if there was any left over for lunch the next day.Â On the other hand, you can put stalks in a little water in the microwave to cook lightly & serve w/a little butter.