DAILY POST MAY 23rd:Â EVER TRY AN ARTICHOKE?
GLUTEN-FREE & VEGETARIAN
S H O P
Kosher or sea salt
T I M I N G
COOKING TIME: 25 – 35 min, depending upon size
C O O KÂ /Â P R E P A R E
1/2 TBSP butter
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
- Bring 1/2″ water to boil in saucepan, stir in salt.
- Cut off stem even w/base of artichoke.
- Place artichoke, stem side down, in water; steam, uncovered, until a leaf pulls away easily from the artichoke.
- Melt butter, add lemon juice.
S E R V E
- Serve hot or cold.Â Pull away leaves, one at a time, dip in melted butter & lemon, and scrape against teeth to get at the flesh at the base of the leaf.
- When all leaves have been plucked, scrape away the hairy choke on top of the heart (this part is not edible), cut up the heart, dip in butter & lemon, and eat.
- Is also good w/Hollandaise Sauce.
W O R K P L A C EÂ Â L U N C H
Somewhat cumbersome with all the leaves, but why not?